Ravensworth Estate, Gateshead
Featured in the Ancient Monuments Society Transactions Vol. 53.
An innovative extension to an 1826 Grade II Listed John Nash designed South Lodge in the grounds of
Sited unfortunately close to the A1, the project involved removing former extensions to make way for a
garden room, new kitchen and master bedroom embedded in the garden and woodland. The elevations are
clad in Douglas Fir with simple glass inserts and a sedum covered wave shaped roof. Echos of the main
stone lodge are found in the bay form and the width of the kitchen element directly sized to the stone